Monday, June 13, 2011

I had a dream...

USA, the land of opportunity. At first, I might have been a bit skeptical, but I soon fell in love with its nature and culture. Admittedly, the American folk are a tad peculiar. What to think of people who go crazy about the thought of baby wipes warmers? But I learned to look past these peculiarities and enjoyed the life-altering experience of living abroad. I lived days of daintiness, and bounced around in bliss. Weekends of wondrous weather were bestowed on me on more than one occasion and nifty novelties made my life that much easier. But even in the midst of my joyous, fruitful, lighthearted living, I knew that my days were numbered and that my number would soon be up. I just didn't know what the ending would look like.

But alas, now I do. Apparently it looks like a giant shield on legs. A cockroach. Of all the mildly annoying creatures that co-inhabit the USA, think killer bees, think termites, think giant centipedes or even snakes, I just had to meet the mother of all yuck-bugs (yes, I do happen to know that snakes are not considered to be a bug, but since they bug the hell out of me, categorizing them under bugs does not seem illogical).

So now I'm left with my shattered dreams at my feet. Those and a dead cockroach.

1 comment:

  1. Yes they are quite yucky and large. Used to have them on Aruba. By the way, did you know they fly?

    lol

    anyways, hope you can continue your fruitful lighthearted living regardless. I hear those bugs are great for eating :)

    ReplyDelete