Thursday, March 24, 2011

Mirror mirror...

At only two years of age (ok, technically he turns three in about two weeks), my son is like the enchanted mirror from Snow White. Unfortunately, he doesn't say what you want to hear, but uses your own words against you. Thus, today while he used a reflex hammer to hit his father on the head, he triumphantly stated: "Doesn't hurt!" I wonder what hurt his father more: the reflex hammer or his own words being thrown into his face? Of course my son was a doctor and was in the process of healing daddy. And the fact that that required the use of force was a necessary evil.  But my guess is that the words hurt more. Because my son is an absolute master in using your own words against you, which turns out to be lethal in combination with his ability to sense it when you're lying. But no worries, the lethal moments are nothing compared to the hilarious scenarios it also produces. For instance, just a second ago, he saw me writing on his dad's laptop. His first question was aimed to get his facts checked: "Is dat papa's joeter?" (Is that dad' s computer?") After confirming his suspicions, he swiftly knocked me out with the following statement: "MAG jij op papa's joeter?" (Are you allowed to go on dad's computer?) with emphasis on the word 'mag'. Because he is perfectly aware that he is not allowed to go on dad's computer. Ergo, nobody is allowed to do that. So, apparently, it's not only looking at your mirror image when you see your child. It's like listening to your mirror image as well. Sounds schizophrenic, doesn't it?

Gotta go now...my mirror image is calling me.

No comments:

Post a Comment