Friday, January 14, 2011

Oodles of noodles

Since the previous blog might have scared some of you off, I thought I should discuss a more mundane subject one this blog. So there it is, I will write about noodles. Rice noodles to be more specific. Cause don't you just hate the mess they make when you try to make yourself a simple soup? Before you know it, your kitchen looks like a giant mikado-fair which has just been hit by a hurricane. And what's with the whole portions-thing? As these 'separate' portions are impossible to disentangle, why do they bother?

Now, the reason I named this blog 'Oodles of noodles' is a dream I've had for a long time while writing my thesis. Whenever I felt a bit down, I imagined starting a little Asian restaurant and naming it 'Oodles of Noodles'. So, this name just happened to pop up in my head recently, and I thought I'd just give it a google. And whaddaya know, there are plenty of restaurants with that name. Darn. Oh well, I liked the idea mostly because of the name.


So featuring Lucas's language we've been having interesting pieces of conversations lately:

Lucas:   "De warming is aan. Hij doet fww" (verwarming)
Ik:         "En wat komt er dan door de verwarming?"
Lucas:    (grote ogen) "VUUR!"

"Het ligt op de table."

Lucas: "Een ei!"
Ik:       "Ja, en weet je hoe ze dat bij jou op school noemen?"
Lucas: "Nee."
Ik:       "Een egg."
Lucas: "Neeeeeeee"

Lucas: "Zometeen komt de zon weer op, he?"
Ik:       "Nee joh, het is nu nacht, jij gaat zo lekker slapen. De zon is ook aan het slapen."
Lucas: "Waar is het bedje van de zon?"
Ik:       "Nou uhhh...de zon is helemaal boven geweest in de lucht, en toen ging hij helemaal naar beneden,
            en nu slaapt hij in zijn bedje aan de horizon".
Lucas: "Twee zonnen he?"

No comments:

Post a Comment